Saturday, October 25, 2014

My Ottawa

This week has been, well, all kinds of things. Stressful. Sad. Touching. Maddening. Confusing. Having just moved to Ottawa about a month ago, it's strange to say that I've already grown attached to this place, but I have.

Ottawa is my first shot at living in a big city and I must say -- I love the bustle, convenience and diversity of life! I can walk to coffee shops, watch buskers, shop for ANYTHING.

It also feels significantly more Canadian than any other place in Canada I've been. It makes sense though, I pass by parliament almost every day, there are provincial flags waving all along Elgin Street, and there's political talk everywhere. One shop I passed by when I first came here promoted something to the tune of: Left or Right, we can all agree on lunch!

Sure I have my own views and opinions on the shooting that happened on Wednesday, and the aftermath that followed, but I'm not here to shove them down anyone's throat. I'm here to share My Ottawa, like so many others, in support of showing the world that Canada is still a beautiful, safe country, and that we're together in this. We're all human.

The first picture is from the memorial. Droves of people went to pay respects. The second is my #MyOttawa pic, a small park near (I think) West Block. Ottawa is quite pretty in the fall :)




No comments:

Post a Comment