Saturday, October 18, 2014

Chasing Deadlines

I believe I've mentioned in past posts how much of a love-hate relationship I have with deadlines. To get started as a writer I've noticed how imperative it is that I take it upon myself to hunt down, tackle, and meet deadlines.

I need places -- journals, magazines, websites -- to send my work, and more often than not these places have guidelines, rules, and dreaded deadlines to adhere to. Generally, I have school to thank for training me up to meet deadlines, but the rest -- finding and dedicating myself to them is all a test for my self-discipline. Something that tends to get quite rusty.

These are the submissions I'm working on for the end of October. All of these deadlines are in November, but of course November's when NaNoWriMo begins. The goal is to get it all done beforehand. (You got this, Sarah's self-discipline!)

--LEAP books Beware the Little White Rabbit submission
--CBC Canada Writes Short Story Prize
--NFLD Arts and Letters Competition

That's all for now! See you.

No comments:

Post a Comment