Friday, October 18, 2013

NaNoWriMo! (or as some call it, Impending Doom)

In all fairness, I shouldn't call it "doom", I just have a love-hate relationship with deadlines. I pretend they're far further off than they are... they stress the hell out of me... but in the end, I need them. As if there's a lasso pulling my foot and my productivity towards completion.

Which is why I need National Novel Writing Month. I really do love to write, it has always been my dream to publish books. If not for deadlines I get complacent with the idea that I really can finish any time, I don't need to look at that project, or those notes now. So, thanks to Nano, I will write a novel this November. (I Will, I will...)

If any of you crazy awesome people are doing this as well, let me know! I'd love to hear your ideas, and once November starts, your progress.




Woo!

2 comments:

  1. Have you done NaNo before? I haven't. Going to be interesting, since I work full time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did it last year, and was working full time! I did things like write during lunch hour, on bus rides, and during that hour or so before bed when I'm usually just browsing the interwebs. I didn't 'win' but I think I could have! It's surprising how much builds up when you write for just 10 minutes here and there.

    ReplyDelete