Saturday, November 15, 2014

My best Nanowrimo yet, and I'm Busier than Ever!

Hey, everyone, just checking in  to see how everyone's doing this month -- anyone out there finishing a term at school? Getting a new job? Moving? Starting Christmas shopping?

This November, as I've mentioned in my last post, I'm doing National Novel Writing Month, trying (for the third time) to write a 50,000 word novel during November. Incidentally, I've also picked up a new job that has me on call 24/7 and my etsy shop is getting ready for the Christmas rush. I don't think I've ever been busier, even when I was finishing my degree.

The amazing thing is -- and trust me, it's amazing because I'm normally so bad at time management --  so far, I am actually caught up to my word count, more or less, making this my most successful Nanowrimo  yet! There's something about having no time to yourself during the day that really forces you (me, at least) to make the time. I've been waking up earlier, telling my friends and boyfriend that I can't hang out because I need to write, making sure I write at least enough to be on "par" for the day, and making myself continue writing because I don't know when I'll get the chance to do it again.

TLDR version -- being so busy that I don't have time for anything forces me to make time. I might actually do it this year, yay!

See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment